Doux Edible Powdered Color Pigments - FDA Approved
Doux is a powdered natural pearlescent / luster food pigment. It is easy to apply and is widely used to decorate cookies, cupcakes, cakes, macarons, candy, jelly, chocolate, donuts, and more…
Color your fondant, royal icing with Doux colors... or dissolve in vodka to paint over your creations!
- FDA approved
- Best brightness
- Easy application
- Does not contain heavy metals
- All natural pigments, no artificial colorants added
SEE DOUX COLOR CARD HERE
Note that colors shown on Color Card are on white and black fondant. Doux colors have an infinite color range depending on the color of the surface / media you are using. Isn't that fun?!
Shop and color card images may not reflect the actual color of each Doux pigment due to monitor and printer settings.
HOW TO USE DOUX COLORS - TIPS:
1) The Silver pigment can be mixed with any liquid or powder food coloring, and it will make a pearl color; although the intensity of the color will decrease, it will still be pearled.
2) Whenever you apply pearl pigment into alcohol, make sure to use ethyl alcohol (the one you find in liquors). Do not use isopropyl alcohol, which is the one you use to heal wounds.
3) Liquor to be used can be Vodka, Gin, Rum, Anise, Tequila, etc. Only make sure the volume of alcohol printed on the label of the bottle must be of 40% or more.
4) Graphite pigment which provides a silver tone, can be lightened using Silver pigment.
5) When making edible paint to apply on chocolate, Doux pigments must be mixed with coconut oil, olive oil, or any other oil of your choice. Never with alcohol or water.
6) Doux pearl pigments can be applied with cotton, brush, airbrush, or by dipping.
7) Doux pigments are pearled pigments, not colorants. Therefore, their properties are different. A “Yellow Doux” mixed with a “Blue Doux” does not result in a pearly green color.
8) Doux pearlescent pigments offer an infinite range of effects, depending on the color of the background where they will be applied it will result the final effect.
9) Doux pearlescent pigments can give more or less coverage as well as greater or lesser brightness depending on the particle size.
10) Doux pearlescent pigments can be stored for more than five years without losing their properties because they have no organic component or any artificial coloring.